Thursday, July 23, 2009

The little train the couldn't




We're taking vacation days today and tomorrow for a four day weekend. Took the new light rail train into downtown, well almost. The train that doesn't quite go to the airport, (that link isn't quite finished yet) didn't quite go to downtown today either. It stopped short of the downtown tunnel where you had to transfer to a bus. We passed on that part. Both trains and buses are suppose to use the tunnel but apparently there are a few kinks.


Tukwila Station - about a mile north of the airport

Art ! (?)

Green River

Franklin High School


Downtown - just coming out of the Beacon Hill tunnel

Home of The Evil Coffee Empire

Jay at Stadium Station not waiting for me - The end of the line today



Miss Bess will be having her kids here in the next week or so. Our Vets 25th anniversary is on Sunday and Jay's been asked to bring the goats down for the party.

Oh boy.

We'll see how that works out.





Does this post reflect the complete mellowness that I'm feeling?

***YAWN***

-yep

nap time.

12 comments:

Golden To Silver Val said...

omg, I've missed you!!! I have been waiting for you on Messenger but I guess we're missing each other or you're cheating on me with (gasp) FACEBOOK. I'll be glad when I finally catch up with you so I can catch up. Hugs sweetie!!

Smocha said...

Yeah everyone is on that stupid facebook and never updating their blogs. ugh hum.

Oh I love Seattle!

That goat looks like she's smiling :)

And my husband also "doesn't wait for me" how rude.

Have fun on your 4 day weekend and at the goat party.

I have missed you too!

Luv me

KathyA said...

Thanks for the tour. What a lovely trip -- so Jay doesn't wait for you like Richard never waits for me!!!! And the goat thing....that should be interesting. How far does the vet live from you?

Jenny said...

Evil coffee empire and my 'hood! Love that you rode the new light rail. It's failure yesterday made the news. Have a great weekend and thanks for the goat pictures.

Mama Llama said...

There is a rush to that first sighting of the city when you come out of a tunnel, or around a bend. Although not a city person myself, that rush to me is undeniable.

Nice pictures (nostalgic sigh).

I'll join you in a nappie-poo now. *yawn* It's only 6:15 a.m. here. Am I nuts?

Cheryl said...

Loved the visuals. Hope your long weekend is just great!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love the dog blog cartoon.

I hope you have a great long weekend.

desert dirt diva said...

yes somcha is right and she comments on everyone elses blog but mine.....anyways not to whine on your blog, the pictures are great and washington is a great state......I loved it there

Leann said...

Next time I get to Seattle I'll have to try the train. It has to beat the traffic anytime! ugghhh

Real Live Lesbian said...

Miss Bess is adorable! I bet you have babies by now!

Minnie said...

Awwww. Lovely goats:o))

I hate it when people I'm with walk off ahead of me. I walk really slowly compared to others, always have done. Can't help it. Even my 80 year old mother walks faster than me! lol

And, I thought it was only me who napped:o) x

cherie said...

the evil coffee empire? ooooh, sounds scary!